(Internet Revision 1.6 - 17 July 2001)
IMPORTANT - YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY!!
This document relates to Globel and includes but is not limited to all other sites owned and run by Globel:(referred to here under one heading as" Globel") if you wish to view a list of sites to which this document relates please click here.
Participation in Globel's Web site is contingent upon your acceptance of the following terms and rules and all policies and by using our Web sites, you accept our terms. In addition, your continued use of our Web sites after a change has been made to the policies of our Web sites implies your assent to those changes. "Globel" refers to Globel, their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies..
Globel provides various services to/for the Internet including, hosting, programming and creation of World Wide Web pages. Globel reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by Globel when and if Globel finds that an account or service has been inappropriately used or otherwise.
Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads. Customers may however resell our Reseller packages. Globel reserves the right to refuse service and /or access to its servers to anyone.
Globel do not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers: Illegal Material - This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation. Adult Material - Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of "adult material" is left entirely to the discretion of Globel. Warez - Includes pirated software, ROM's, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.
UNLIMITED USE POLICY
High bandwidth usage: Globel offers an unlimited use policy by maintaining very large ratios of bandwidth per customer. In rare cases, Globel may find a customer to be using server resources to such an extent that he or she may jeopardize server performance and resources for other customers. In such instances, Globel reserves the right to impose the High Resource User Policy for the consideration of all customers.
HIGH RESOURCE USER POLICY
Resources are defined as bandwidth and/or processor utilization. Globel may implement the following policy to its sole discretion: When a website is found to be monopolizing the resources available Globel reserves the right to suspend that site immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers.
All accounts are set up on a prepay basis. Although Globel reserves the right to change prices of accounts or services at any time all pricing is guaranteed for the period of prepayment. Payment is due each anniversary year or month following the date the account was established. Customers will automatically be charged again at the end of their prepay period unless closure notification has already been given. In situations where the card number is declined Globel will immediately suspend the facility to purchase services on-line until the outstanding charge is processed successfully. In addition, Globel reserves the right to suspend other services until the outstanding debt is cleared.
The customer is responsible for all money owed on the account from the time it was established to the time that the customer sends a written cancellation request. No bills or invoices will be sent by regular mail unless requested. All invoices will be sent directly to customers via e-mail shortly after the online purchase has been made and/or a invoice is generated by our system for you to print out. At this point the customer's card will be charged automatically. All payments are in UK sterling.
In order to streamline our accounting procedures and keep costs down Globel runs a limited number of payment options. Credit / Debit Cards: Globel accepts Mastercard, Visa (not Visa electron), and Cheque Payment: This option is only available to customers who pay annually for their Globel account. A credit / debit card number will still be required if customers require the facility to purchase domains and other services on-line. Globel cannot guarantee that a service will be provided until after any received cheques have been cleared.
30 DAY TRIAL
For customers opening their first account the initial 30 days are available on a trial basis. Customers will not be entitled to this benefit if they have previously had an account with Globel unless the period of absence has been greater than one year. New customers will not be entitled to a trial period if any account has previously been created at the same postal address within the same 12 month time span, No refund is availible on Internet domain name's once these have been purchased and become active by the registering authority this process cannot be reversed.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
Globel reserves the right to cancel the service at any time. In this event customers will be entitled to a pro rata refund based upon the remaining period of membership. If a customer contravenes Globel' terms of service a refund will not be issued in the event of a cancellation. Customers may cancel their account at any time. during the initial trial period customers who wish to cancel during this period will be entitled to a full refund for their hosting fees. Any incentives offered to customers when opening the account will also be canceled. Customers may be given the option to purchase services which were offered as startup incentives in the result of a cancellation. Fees charged on a prepay basis are nonrefundable. Once the initial trial period has expired customers are not entitled to receive a refund unless the service is canceled by Globel. In addition some accounts incur setup fees, these charges are also nonrefundable.
Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Globel harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney's fees asserted against Globel, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Globel against liabilities arising out of;
- any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with Globel' server;
- any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
- copyright infringement and
- any defective products sold to customer from Globel' server.
Globel will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. Globel makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. Globel disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by Globel and its employees. Globel reserves the right to revise its policies at any time;
- Unless otherwise specified, the information on this website is directed solely at those who access this website from the UK mainland.
- Globel Internet has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Globel Internet disclaims all warranties express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in this website.
- Globel is not responsible for any material posted on our message boards or other forums. You shall not post or transmit through Globel's Web sites any defamatory, threatening, obscene, harmful, pornographic or other material which would violate or infringe in any way upon the rights of others, or which would give rise to criminal or civil liability and/or violate federal or local law or regulation. Globel will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Globel to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such e-mail's or materials. Further, you shall not post or transmit through Globel any material which advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services. You shall not upload, post, or otherwise make available on Globel Web sites any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark or other proprietary interest. You shall not upload, post or transmit through Globel's Web sites any advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or spamming of the same message to multiple boards.
- Globel Internet shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials in this website.
- These exclusions of liability shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Globel Internet or any of its employees. These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.